Texas Lacrosse Championship Format & Rules
3d Events Policies
2019 Texas Lacrosse Championship Format & Rules
All teams are guaranteed a minimum of three games over the course of two days.
All fields are regulation size - 110x60.
- Officials will follow NCAA Rules
- No defense shaft length regulation
- All age groups can substitute on the fly *no substitutions during a Braveheart*
- Games will be scheduled in 50 minute time blocks
- There will be two 20 minute running halves
- 4 minute halftime
- No timeouts
- No zone defense
- In case of a tie, a four-minute sudden death period will be played. If still tied at the end of the four-minute sudden death; the overtime will go into a braveheart. Each team will select two players from their team, one field player and one goalie. No long poles. Penalties are not served but will result in a change of possession. The braveheart will play out until one team scores and is declared the winner *short sticks only for Braveheart*. If game times have been adjusted due to rain delays and a game ends in a tie, teams will skip sudden death and go straight to a four-minute Braveheart.
- 6 minutes in between games
- Each team must be placed in the age bracket of the oldest player on their team
- Please see the age breakdown guide below:
|5th/6th||Must currently be in 5th/6th grade|
|7th/8th||Must currently be in 7th/8th grade|
There will be pool play and championship play in the Texas Lacrosse Championship. How well a team does in pool play will determine their seeding for the championship. Seeding ties are broken in the following way:
- Record in pool play
- Goals against
- Goal differential
- Coin flip
*In the case of a two way tie head-to-head record will be used, in the case of a three way tie the seeding tie will be broken by goals against- NOT head-to-head
* In the case that a team forfeits a game, the score will be recorded as a 6-0 loss for that team.