Dallas New Years 3v3 Tournament Format & Rules
3d Events Policies
Dallas 3v3 New Year's Tournament 2021 Format & Rules
All teams are guaranteed a minimum of three games over the course of one day.
- Teams will play 3v3 with 3 players on the field at a time. Teams will have a maximum of 6 on the roster.
- Tennis Balls. All tennis balls will be provided by the tournament.
- Fields are 42x23 yards
- Games will be scheduled in 30 minute time blocks
- There will be two 10-minute running halves
- 4-minute halftime
- 6 minutes in between games
- No timeouts
- There will be no face-offs. One team will be awarded the ball to start the game. The team who doesn’t start with the ball at the beginning of the game will start with it at the second half. To bring the game into play each team stands behind their respective goal they are defending. The official will blow his/her whistle and the game begins.
- In case of a tie, a four-minute sudden death period will be played. If still tied at the end of the four-minute sudden death; the game will end in a tie. If teams are tied at the end of pool play, seeding will be determined based on the following in respective order: head to head (which is thrown out in a three-way tie), goals against, goal differential and finally a coin flip.
- Only standard length short sticks are allowed. No long sticks or goalie sticks.
- Lacrosse helmets, goggles, shoulder, and arm pads are prohibited unless worn for special medical purposes. We want to discourage any contact from taking place. Due to Covid-19, gloves are optional.
- Masks are required for coaches & spectators on facility grounds at all times
- Masks are optional for players when on the field.
- Jerseys and numbers are not required.
- It is at the discretion of the team to have one of the 3 players on the field step into the goal on defense.
- Substitutions can be made at any time on the fly. A player must not enter the field until a player has left.
- You must make 1 pass in the offensive zone prior to shooting on every possession; we want to encourage passes and everybody touching the ball. A pass must be attempted - if the receiving player drops the pass and picks it back up, it counts as a pass. If there is an attempted shot and the ball goes out of bounds but remains in the same team's possession, another pass does NOT need to be made. This rule only applies when the ball changes possession.
- No goals can be made behind half field.
- After each goal the team that was scored on takes the ball out of the goal and must initiate a pass to bring the ball back into play. No whistle to start back up. Similar to a made basket in basketball.
- To restart play once the ball goes out of bounds player must start out of bounds and make a pass into play. All defensive players must give the player attempting to get the ball back into play 5 yards. Player attempting to put ball back into play is given 5 yards to use.
- One player on the defensive side may step in to play goalie. Once the ball turns over that player must vacate the goal and play offense. (Goalies my not play from their knees to prevent getting hit in the face with tennis balls).
- All penalties will result in a player being sent off the field to the substitution area to be exchanged for another player on his/her team
- All rulings made by the official will be final and stand as called on the field.
- Players are NOT allowed to do any of the following:
- Body checking or stick checking allowed
- Over the Head Checking (down checking from above or over the head)
- Excessive force while Shooting - especially above the knees
- Illegal Intentionally/Unintentionally Moving the goal
- Goal tend from the knees
- Goalie Interference – no one may interfere with the goalie when they make a save or try to gather the ball inside the goal.
- Cherry Picking - players must attempt to cross midfield while on defense
- Each of the following is considered an unsportsmanlike foul and will result in being ejected from the game:
- Foul Language / Swearing
- Excessive Coach Actions – Coaches need to promote a positive fun environment and need not speak to any referee and/or table person during the game
- Arguing Calls
- Overly Physical Play
- Each team must be placed in the age bracket of the oldest player on their team
There will be pool play and championship play in the 3d Dallas 3v3 New Year's Tournament. How well a team does in pool play will determine their seeding for the championship. Seeding ties are broken in the following way:
- Record in pool play
- Goals against
- Goal differential
- Coin flip
*In the case of a two way tie head-to-head record will be used, in the case of a three way tie the seeding tie will be broken by goals against- NOT head-to-head
* In the case that a team forfeits a game, the score will be recorded as a 6-0 loss for that team.