Southern Retreat Format & Rules
3d Events Policies
2021 Southern Retreat Format & Rules
All teams must submit a roster prior to the start of the tournament. If 3d Lacrosse does not receive a roster before the start of the tournament the team will be ineligible to participate.
Southern Retreat Staff will be conducting roster checks at the tournament director's discretion throughout the duration of the weekend.
- 2018 NCAA Rules
- No defense shaft length regulation
- All age groups can substitute on the fly
- Any division with 18 or more teams will be split into "A" and "B" pools
- No timeouts
- No zone defense
- In case of a tie, a four-minute sudden victory period will be played. If still tied at the end of the four-minute sudden victory; the overtime will go into a braveheart. Each team will select two players from their team, one field player and one goalie. No long poles. Penalties are not served but will result in a change of possession. The braveheart will play out until one team scores and is declared the winner *short sticks only for braveheart*.
- All participants must register on the 3d Lacrosse website by November 1st, 2021.
- Pool play and championship play
- In the final two minutes of bracket play games, the officials will stop the clock after goals, penalties and injuries.
- Each team must be placed in the age bracket of the oldest player on their team
There will be pool play and championship play in the Southern Retreat. How well a team does in pool play will determine their seeding for the championship. Seeding ties are broken in the following way:
- Record in pool play
- Goals against
- Goal differential
- Coin flip
*In the case of a two way tie head-to-head record will be used, in the case of a three way tie the seeding tie will be broken by goals against- NOT head-to-head
* In the case that a team forfeits a game, the score will be recorded as a 6-0 loss for that team.
High School Elite Division
- For 12th & 11th graders
High School Rising Division
- For 10th graders
- For 9th grade pure teams