680 Little League
3d NorCal is launching a new campaign in the East Bay centered around local training for youth lacrosse players. I-680 Lacrosse will begin this summer with the “680 Little League,” a local training and competition option for 10U and 8U boys and girls lacrosse players in the I-680 corridor from Walnut Creek through Pleasanton.
The league will run for 4 weeks in the month of June with 2 sessions per week. All players will participate in 45 minutes of 3d training with professional coaches and local high school players/alumni, followed by 45 minutes of games.
Players will sign up individually and be placed on teams with players from their rec lacrosse organizations. The goal of the 680 Little League is two-fold: 1. To provide youth players and parents with a local option for learning, development, and competition; and 2. To bring together youth lacrosse players from different communities with the hope of fostering a stronger sense of a larger East Bay lacrosse community.
“It’s our belief that youth players should be able to participate in great training and competitive opportunities within a reasonable distance from their homes and communities. Our hope is that we can help teach the younger players in the area in a fun environment where they develop a love and passion for the sport of lacrosse. It’s also a convenient option for parents as they sift through the numerous extracurricular activities available to their kids.”
One other goal of the 680 movement is to help promote multisport athletes. Two 90-minute sessions per week will not keep kids from playing other sports or participating in other activities. 3d Lacrosse is not in favor of specialization, especially at a young age, and we hope this keeps a stick in youth players’ hands but also allows them to do other activities.
The 680 Little League is open to boys and girls in the 8U and 10U age brackets (1st-4th Grades).
U8 & U10 boys and girls
- Monte Vista High School: 3131 Stone Valley Rd Alamo, CA 94526
- Heather Farms Sports Field #1: 1313 Civic Dr Walnut Creek, CA 94596
- Thursday, June 7 - @ Heather Farms Sports Field #1
- Tuesday, June 12- @Monte Vista High School
- Friday, June 15- @Monte Vista High School
- Tuesday, June 19- @Monte Vista High School
- Wednesday, June 20 - @Monte Vista High School
- Thursday, June 21- @Monte Vista High School
- Tuesday, June 26- @Monte Vista High School
- Thursday June 28- @Monte Vista High School
- 5:30pm - 7:00pm
- Training - First 45 minutes
- Games - Second 45 minutes
- six hours of training
- six hours of games
For more information, or questions, please contact: