Jr. Blackwolves Winter 2019 Box Select Program Overview
3d NE South is excited to announce the Jr. Blackwolves Box Select Program Overview for Winter 2019. Players will be divided into teams by grade; we will have a 5/6th (Peewee), 7/8th (Bantam), and 9/10th (Midget) grade team. 3d's Box Select offering is a nationwide training, player development and club team experience that embraces box-only play and provides high-level instruction led by coaches with decades of professional box experience.
Whether on the field or in the box, 3d Lacrosse is committed to delivering a superior club team experience for players and families seeking more than what is typically offered in the marketplace. 3d Lacrosse's level of instruction is unique and unlike anything most players have ever experienced thanks to a proven history of cutting-edge training that helps athletes rapidly develop their lacrosse skill.
Since its inception, 3d Lacrosse has embraced teaching the box game independently but also through the scope of how box skills and knowledge translates to the field game. The 3d NE South Box Select teams will be immersed in a rapid-fire, learning-based environment that emphasizes repetitions and intensity, giving players a true box experience without traveling north of the American border.
Having helped more than 600 players move on to play college lacrosse, 3d has a proven track record of helping athletes improve their game and increase their chances of playing at the next level. 3d's mission is simple: develop individual players to their full potential.
Coming off our JR. NLL PeeWee Division Championship, we are fired up for our 2019-2020 Winter Season as the National Lacrosse League’s (NLL) New England Black Wolves organization continues their partnership with 3d Lacrosse to field three Jr. New England Black Wolves teams to compete in the winter months. The Midget, Bantam, and Peewee teams will have 12 hours of training and play in at least two tournaments and more.
Why Box Lacrosse/Background
3d Lacrosse is committed to providing an outstanding instructional and educational experience and technically-advanced training for all athletes. At 3d Lacrosse, coaches teach authentic box techniques that are staples of the indoor game throughout Canada and all the way up to the professional ranks of the National Lacrosse League.
Competing and training in the tight space and confines of the box, players will get countless touches, more shot reps, more contact — all experience that helps accelerate skill development. Regardless of position, every player will enhance their offensive skills and develop better defensive technique by being forced to play with a short stick. Players will learn how to set proper picks and roll effectively — one of many nuances box lacrosse teaches.
Box lacrosse skills and techniques that will focused on include: catching and finishing in tight space, deceptive shooting, creating opportunities off ball, picking and screens, maintaining spacing with teammates and much more. Defensively the focus will be on footwork, physical play in close and communication. 3d Lacrosse's approach to teaching the box game will put participants on a fast-track for skill development.
- Second Year as Hosts of the Jr. Black Wolves – 3d Box Tournament in Glastonbury, CT
- Practice opportunities at Mohegan Sun arena
- All Jr. Blackwolves Players will receive Free Season Ticket to NE Black Wolves Games
- Discounted Season Ticket Prices for Jr. Black Wolves family members
- Black Wolves Member Card - 10% off all Blackwolves Merchandise & all Concessions at home games
- Jr. Black Wolves Winter Select Players will be considered to compete on Next Summer’s Jr. NLL Tournament Team in August in Toronto, ON
- Possible appearances from NE Black Wolves players at practices
- More than 12 hours of box specific training
- 2 Tournaments
- Player Pack with Nike gear
- STYLAX Uniform
Please note that USBOXLA official age groups are based on your year of birth.
- Midget – 2004 & 2005 (Roughly 15-16 years old - 9/10th grade)
- Bantam - 2006 & 2007 (Roughly 13-14 years old – 7/8th grade)
- Peewee - 2008 & 2009 (Roughly 11-12 years old – 5/6th grade)
40 Oakwood Dr.
Glastonbury, CT 06033
Minimum 2 Tournaments
- PILC (Hatfield, PA): February 15-17, 2020
- 3d Box Championships (Glastonbury, CT): February 22, 2020
For more information, please contact:
Director, NE South