3d San Diego Box League - San Marcos Warriors
We are currently full, please email [email protected] to be added to our waitlist.
We have registered our San Marcos Warriors teams for our upcoming 3d San Diego Box League.
Now in it’s 6th year, the San Diego Box League is back, and better than ever! Since its inception, 3d Lacrosse has embraced teaching the box game independently but also through the scope of how box skills and knowledge translates to the field game. Athletes will be immersed in a rapid-fire, learning-based environment that emphasizes repetitions and intensity, giving players a true box experience without traveling north of the American border.
We would love our San Marcos Warriors to play together during this fall season. By registering our teams as San Marcos Warriors, we are able to reduce our player fees for our spring players to just $185 for the fall box season. Players should wear their jersey from last spring. Players without a jersey will be provided one at our first day.
What is Box Lacrosse?
Our staff at 3d Lacrosse has decades of collective experience coaching the box lacrosse game. 3d's coaches saw that Canadians were dominating at every level in college lacrosse and realized the answer was simple: teach field players box lacrosse. Box lacrosse is a 5-on-5, non-stop, fast-paced, high-touch and high-repetition game played inside of a hockey rink with boards and a 4-by-4-foot goal. When taught the correct way, players will experience tremendous skill development in the box which translates to the field as a leader, thinker, and skilled play-maker. It is simply the fastest engine of skill development in the sport.
Meet our 3d Box Lacrosse Methodology/Curriculum creators...
- Regy Thorpe: 3d Chief Lacrosse Officer, Syracuse University Asst. Women’s Coach, Head Coach/GM for New York NLL.
- Bob Hamley: 3d National Box Director, 3d Georgia Director
Why Box Lacrosse?
Box lacrosse is the perfect environment in which players can grow their skills, game IQ, and confidence. Playing in a rink or "the box" means the ball is never out of bounds and moves fluidly the entire time, with rapidly exchanging possessions. The small confines of playing in the box forces players to be creative and learn to deal with high pressure. Players receive countless reps in practice, and the fast-paced, back-and-forth nature helps players build their confidence as they become more comfortable handling the ball. Offensive players will learn individual skills such as deceptive shots, optimal angles for finishing, build IQ for better off-ball movement, and learn team concepts such as the 'two-man' pick-and-roll game very prevalent in the field. Defenders will increase their stick skills, footwork, offensive IQ, communication skills, and become better well-rounded players on both sides of the ball.
- Finishing – best angles, with composure
- Faking – remaining a threat to score, deception
- Catching in traffic
- Deceptive shooting – leaners, twisters, risers, teeter – totters
- Feeding – ability to handle pressure, ‘look off’ cutters
- Dodging in tight confines – constant pressure, efficient movement
- Cutting & Cycling – off-ball IQ
- Picking & Screens – proper foot-work, angles, patience
- The 2-Man Game – reps in the most run field lacrosse ‘scheme/concept’
- Power Play – man-up & man down
- How to defend against all these scenarios – all position no position – building lacrosse IQ
New Fall 2019 Format
Working with area program directors, referees, and listening to parent feedback we’ve made a few adjustments to our league format that we feel will make this a much more enjoyable experience for both players, coaches, ref’s, and families watching.
In order to offer a safer and more authentic version of the indoor game, we will provide all teams with professionally coached sessions prior to their games. We feel this will help ensure all players & teams receive proper box lacrosse instruction, each team is better set up for success in game play due to learnt skills/concepts from training, and ultimately improve game safety.
We understand fall schedules can be hectic. With the new, training-for-all model, we will be consolidating games and training into one day. The new format will be 45 minutes of training prior to 45 minutes of game play. A third southern location to better help families logistically, one day commitment to better ease multi-sport athletes busy fall schedule, one location for training/game play, and organized instruction to raise the quality of play for the entire community of southern California will all lead to the best season yet!
- 45 minute training + 45 minute game play
- One location/commitment each week
- Three San Diego locations: Kit Carson, Poway Sportsplex, Santee Sportsplex
Sundays, Sep 15th – Oct 20th, 2019
- 3rd-4th grades
- 5th/6th grades
- 7th/8th grades
- Poway Sportsplex- Pee Wee, Youth, Middle
12349 McIvers Ct, Poway, CA 92064
Max number of players is 15 for youth teams*
- 6 regular season games + Championship game for 1st and 2nd seed teams only in each division.
- 45 minutes of training for all players and teams prior to each game by 3d Lacrosse staff
- Professionally trained referees
- Shoulder pads
- Elbow pads
- Lacrosse stick
- Rib pads (optional)
- Mouth Guard
- Protective cup
- Cleats if on turf and rubber soled shoes for tile rinks (shoes must not fly off feet!)
Goalies... Box Lacrosse padding will be provided to goalies. Goalies must have their own helmet, gloves and goalie stick. Teams without a goalie must provide a goalie stick and throat guard for their player.
3d Lacrosse partner Lax.com has the gear you need for box lacrosse. As a 3d SDBL player you can save 20% by using the code 3DBOX20 at checkout on their site. Please see their website here for Box Lacrosse gear...
3d Lacrosse has a strict No Refund Policy. Please review our policy at your convenience and consider purchasing the third party insurance offered by Registration Saver, an AIG product.
Click here to learn more about Registration Saver.