3d San Diego Box League - Girls Fall Box Training
3d is excited to jump back into girls lacrosse training this Fall as we kick off our Girls Box Training September 15th. Fall is busy with students getting back into the swing of things both on and off the field, box training will only be one day per week, Sunday afternoons. We look forward to introducing our revamped box training model and providing players with the option to wear equipment should they choose.
Since its inception, 3d Lacrosse has embraced teaching the box game independently but also through the scope of how box skills and knowledge translates to the field game. Athletes will be immersed in a rapid-fire, learning-based environment that emphasizes repetitions and intensity, giving players a true box experience without traveling north of the American border.
What is Box Lacrosse?
Our staff at 3d Lacrosse has decades of collective experience coaching the box lacrosse game. 3d's coaches saw that Canadians were dominating at every level in college lacrosse and realized the answer was simple: teach field players box lacrosse. Box lacrosse is a 5-on-5, non-stop, fast-paced, high-touch and high-repetition game played inside of a hockey rink with boards and a 4-by-4-foot goal. When taught the correct way, players will experience tremendous skill development in the box which translates to the field as a leader, thinker, and skilled play-maker. It is simply the fastest engine of skill development in the sport.
Meet our 3d Box Lacrosse Methodology/Curriculum creators...
- Regy Thorpe: 3d Chief Lacrosse Officer, Syracuse University Asst. Women’s Coach, Head Coach/GM for New York NLL.
- Bob Hamley: 3d National Box Director, 3d Georgia Director
Each session will begin with 45-minutes of training in both stick work, finishing, and small sided ‘2-man game’ progressions in 2v1, 3v2, 4v3 sets. Each player will receive a large number of ‘reps’ in fast paced drills targeting both on-ball/off-ball concepts. Our aim is to better ensure that authentic box lacrosse concepts are being displayed during game play rather than players simply ‘playing lacrosse indoors’. We will have box equipment available for players – equipment will be optional – decided upon by players each session. We are excited to further provide a unique experience in raising each players lacrosse IQ as well as broadening horizons within the sport.
- 45 minute training + 45 minute game play
- One location/commitment each week – Sunday afternoon
- Conducive to multi-sport athletes
- Professional instruction & competitive gameplay
- Goalie gear & field player equipment provided (players welcome to bring personal gear)
- Escondido Sports Center @ Kit Carson Park: 3333 Bear Valley Pkwy, Escondido, CA 92025
Sundays, Sep 15th – Oct 20th, 2019
Afternoon Training: 3-6pm window TBD
- 7th/8th grades, please reach out to staff with interest
- HS JV: 9th/10th grades
- HS Varsity: 10th-12th grades
- Kit Carson- High School Girls
3333 Bear Valley Pkwy, Escondido, CA 92025
- 6 sessions
- 45 minutes of training for all players and 45 minutes of game play
- Gear Option: optional and decided amoungst players each session (players welcome to bring personal gear)
- SDBL Pinnie
We will have some loaner gear to outfit girls players so that we can suit up and fully enjoy the 'box lacrosse' experience. Gear won't be mandatory - we will get a sense each session as to the heartbeat of the group... we are confident once each player has their first experience using gear the idea will be embraced. Those players interested in investing in personal gear, please check out our affiliate Lax.com weblink for options.
- Lacrosse stick
- Mouth Guard
- Protective Eye Wear (goggles lacrosse or field hockey)
- Turf/Basketball/Tennis/Running Shoes (no cleats)
- Shoulder Pads
- Elbow Pads
Goalies...Box Lacrosse padding will be provided to goalies. Goalies must have their own helmet w/ throat guard, gloves, and goalie stick.
3d Lacrosse partner Lax.com has the gear you need for box lacrosse. As a 3d SDBL player you can save 20% by using the code 3DBOX20 at checkout on their site. Please see their website here for Box Lacrosse gear...
3d Lacrosse has a strict No Refund Policy. Please review our policy at your convenience and consider purchasing the third party insurance offered by Registration Saver, an AIG product.
Click here to learn more about Registration Saver.