Denver Shootout Schedule, Rules, Fields, Weather
Free App keeps Tournament goers in the know!
Ever wondered how you can find a score or next game assignment without having to walk 3 miles to the tournament headquarters?
Well, wonder no more! The Event Hub app for smartphones is revolutionizing how tournament information is disseminated.
The app is free to download and contains information on sponsors and vendors along with the capability to send out instant messages to all those users that allow push notifications.
Event Hub also has a score/schedule function that links users directly to the tournament results page.
|Friday, June 14|
|2:00pm||Team check-in. Coaches and free agents only need to check in.|
|3:00-4:30pm||Boys Skills Clinic run by University of Notre Dame coaches Kevin Corrigan, Gerry Byrne, and other college coaches (open to all participants)
Girls Skills Clinic run by Chelsea Gamble, Univ of Connecticut Assistant Coach
|5:00pm||Reception for High School and College Coaches
Tournament Games begin (most teams will play one game Friday night)
|Saturday, June 15|
|8:00am - 8:00pm||Tournament Games - Each team plays 3 games|
|5:30pm||Boys 2017 All-Star Game - Field 8
Elite Blue All-Star Game - Field 10
|6:30pm||Rising Stars White 2016 All-Star Game - Field 8
Rising Stars Blue All-Star Game - Field 10
|7:30pm||Risng Stars Red All-Star Game - Field 8
Elite Red All-Star Game - Field 8.
|Sunday, June 16|
|8:00am - 3:00pm||Tournament Games - Each team plays 2 games. All games will be over by 3:00pm.|
The Denver Shootout Format and Rules
All teams must have a minimum of 14 players.
All teams are guaranteed a minimum of five games over the course of three days.
All fields are regulation size, 110 x 60.
Games will be scheduled in one-hour time blocks:
- Two (2) twenty-three (23) minute running halves
- Four (4) minute halftime
- NO TIMEOUTS
- In case of a tie, a four-minute sudden death period will be played.
- If the game is still tied after a four-minute sudden death, a braveheart will be played until a winner is determined
- 10 minutes in between games
- Games start on the hour
- Elite Division is open to rising 10th through 12th graders. Players may register individually for a spot on an at-large team.
- Rising Stars Division is for players who have at least completed their freshman year of High School.
- U-15: All players must be 14 years old or younger on the August 31st preceding the tournament. No players who have just completed their freshman year of high school are permitted to play in this division, even if they make the age cut-off.
- U-13: All players must be 12 years old or younger on the August 31st preceding competition
- U-12: All players must be 11 years old or younger on the August 31st preceeding competition
- U-11: All players must be 10 years old or younger on the August 31st preceding competition
- U-10: All players must be 9 years old or younger on the August 31st preceeding competition
- U-9: All players must be 8 years old or younger on the August 31st preceeding competition
Tournament All-Stars will be picked in the high school divisions.
There will be pool play and championship play in The Denver Shootout. How well a team does in pool play determines their seeding for the championship. Seeding ties are broken in the following way:
- Record in pool play
- Goals against
- Goal differential
- Coin Flip
The Denver Shootout Fields
Dick’s Sporting Goods Park offers 24 full-size, fully-lit sports fields, including 22 natural grass and two synthetic turf fields. The fields at the complex feature full lighting for both day and night-time use, as well as restrooms, water, and concession stands.
The complex is located at 6000 Victory Way, Commerce City, 1.5 miles north of I-70 at the intersection of 60th and Quebec. For more information, please see Dick’s Sporting Goods Park.
Please note: the following are NOT permitted at Dick’s Sporting Goods Park
- Pets, with the exception of guide dogs
- Glass containers
- Outside alcohol
- Unauthorized motor vehicles on the fields
- Bikes, inline skates, skateboards, scooters, etc. on the fields
- Fireworks, firearms, or open flame within the complex except by authorized concessionaires
- Smoking of cigarettes, pipes, cigars, etc. on or near playing fields
- Overnight camping; no RVs or Trailers parked in the complex after 10 PM
- Littering or dumping
The Denver Shootout Weather Policy 2012
Dick’s Sporting Goods Park Weather Policy
In the case of certain weather conditions, the fields at Dick’s Sporting Goods Park may not be used. The fields will immediately close if standing water is visible on the fields, there is frost or snow on the fields, or if the ground is severely saturated from heavy rain. Severe weather such as thunderstorms and tornadoes may cause the complex to shut down as well.
At Dick's Sporting Goods Park we monitor the weather 24 hours a day and use the following policy: Fields will be evacuated if lightning is detected within 6 miles of the Park. In the event that fields need to be evacuated, staff will sound short blasts of an air horn. At this point we need to have everyone clear the fields as quickly as possible.
The safest location for people to go is in a hard-topped car with the windows up. In the absence of a vehicle, Park Staff will direct people to a safe location. The fields will remain closed until the lightning has cleared the 6 mile radius. Field Staff will indicate the All-Clear with a long continuous blast of an air horn. KSE will ultimately make the decision to continue, postpone or cancel the day's events.
Rescheduled games are contingent on the availability of fields and the priority of the given event. In any such event, games and tournaments hold priority over practices when rescheduled.
Please first direct any questions regarding weather and field conditions to the facility weather hotline at (303) 727-3333. Staff will update the hotline in a timely matter if/when changes are made regarding reservations taking place at the fields on any given day.
3d Lacrosse Weather Contingency Plan
*If Dick’s Sporting Goods Park has not closed their fields:
3 hours or less - when it is clear to play we will pick up where we left off with the game schedule.
Example: If it rains from 1-4 pm the 1 pm games will start at 3 pm and everything will be pushed back 3 hours.
More than 3 hours - when it is clear to play we will pick up play by using an accelerated game schedule. Games will be played with a 30 minute running clock with no warm up time or half time. Games will start on every hour and half hour. The remainder of the games for that day will continue on using that type of game format.
*If Dick’s Sporting Goods Park has closed their fields:
We will direct teams to their designated off site fields and pick up with the tournament schedule.