1. Why did you choose to commit to this college? After looking at many colleges I knew that USC was the perfect school for me. Not only does it have good academics, but also an amazing lacrosse program along with a great coaching staff! The USC environment was one I felt very comfortable with, somewhere that my sister and I can for sure get use to!
2. After going through the recruiting process, what are some helpful tips you would give others who are about to go through this process? Be patient with the recruiting process because it does get frustrating at times, but you have to know that its all worth it. Email a lot of colleges that you are interested in, and try to pick schools that you feel most comfortable with, based on academics, surroundings, and athletics.
3. What do you like best about 3d Lacrosse? The best part about 3d Lacrosse is how supportive their coaching staff is, and how big creativity is within 3d lacrosse.
4. What was your favorite part of 3d training? How much creativity is incorporated into our drills, translating into our games and personality as lacrosse players.
5. What is your favorite subject in school? If PE doesn’t count, then my favorite subject would be math.
6. Name one thing that you could not live without. I couldn’t live without my skateboards, surfing, and my twin sister because they have influenced and pushed me to excel in lacrosse.
7. If you had to choose one super power to have, what would it be and why? If I had to choose one super power to have it would be to adapt to the underwater environment, because I would be able to explore the ocean to a greater extent and be able to breathe underwater.
8. What are some of your pregame rituals and/or game day superstitions? I always have to wear a skate shirt under my uniform.
9. What is your favorite vacation spot? My favorite vacation spot is the North Shore of Kauai HI, because I love visiting friends and surfing.
10. What is your favorite food? Sushi!!
11. Who is your favorite athlete? My favorite athletes are Dave Rastovich and Rob Machado both professional free surfers and activists for making our world and oceans better places. They are my favorite because their style is sick!
12. Who is your favorite musician? Donavon Frankenreiter
13. What is the last book you read? I don’t read a lot of books, but I do read a whole bunch of Surfer Magazine.
14. What is your favorite quote? “Don’t let your dreams be dreams.” Jack Johnson
15. Who has been your biggest influence? My biggest influence is, and always will be, my three coaches Jillian Boyd, Kevin Cooper, and Meris Walsh. During the spring of 2013, my sister and I played our last season of boy’s lacrosse where Kevin was our coach. During the season, Kevin skipped many of his MLL lacrosse games to coach us showing his dedication to our team. Kevin has pushed my sister and I far beyond where we thought we could go. Jillian and Meris have taught me that winning isn’t the most important thing in life especially in lacrosse, but its all about having fun and being confident, which can lead to amazing things. This has taught me to rise above the bad things that happen, and keep moving forward. Overall, all three of my coaches have influenced and inspired me to become a better