First, let me say that we had a great time in Florida! Everything went smoothly and was well organized. Thanks so much!
- Lucy Hamilton, Girl's Varsity Lacrosse Coach, St. Georges School
3d Blue Chip (3dbc) is a national recruiting camp series created by Jake Reed, owner of the Nike Blue Chip Lacrosse Camp, and 3d Lacrosse. Jake Reed’s Nike Blue Chip Camp is nationally regarded as the premier and most sought after recruiting camp in the country for high school lacrosse players. Founded by Jamie Munro, 3d Lacrosse has exploded onto the national scene with training, select club teams, and events.
3d Blue Chip brings together two of the best and most highly regarded names in lacrosse in the nation, in an effort to find the best high school players in the country for top college lacrosse programs to evaluate. Now in its second year, 3dbc will be the proving grounds for over half of the players at the Jake Reed Nike Blue Chip Lacrosse Camp, a camp where over 90% of all seniors in attendance go on to play Division I lacrosse. Directed by Jamie Munro, a former NCAA Division I head coach, the goal of these camps is to train with the 3d Methodology. 3d’s Methodology lies first in individual player development which begins with athletic skill development. The second part of this integrated philosophy is the “Box / Field Hybrid Development System.” Training sessions at the camps will incorporate cutting edge skills in a DI practice environment, in an array of drills and exercises ranging from skill development and positional play to full field and transition play.
3dbc will recruit based on five regions across the country; West, Midwest, South, Mid-Atlantic, and Northeast (View Regions). Each regional camp will invite the area’s best players in grades 8, 9, 10, and 11 to train and compete in front of a panel of local, regional, and national coaches. Two National Evaluators per grade, Jake Reed, Jamie Munro, and team coaches from each camp will work together to evaluate all players and select the best of the best to compete at Jake Reed’s Nike Blue Chip Lacrosse Camp held every summer. 120 players from the 2015, 2016, and 2017 graduating classes will be joined by 64 players from the 2014 graduating class at Reed’s camps next summer. Reed will continue to invite the first 120 players per grade as he has done for eleven years. 3dbc will take place over all four weekends in January of 2013, as well as the first weekend in February of 2013.
To apply for 3d Blue Chip, click here.
High School Juniors (2014s)
• Players in this class can choose from one of 3 camps to attend: West, Midwest, and Northeast. Players from anywhere in the country can compete at any of these three weekends. 324 players will compete for 64 spots at Jake Reed’s Nike Blue Chip Lacrosse Camp.
Two National Evaluators per grade
• In addition to Jake Reed, Jamie Munro, and team coaches from all over the country, the same 2 National Evaluators will focus on one grade at all five camps.
• In addition to the 2 training sessions and 4 games from year one, a Positional Training session, with coaches specialized in each position, has been added to day one’s curriculum: 3 training sessions totaling 6 hours and 4 games.
• Training component added to Jake Reed’s Rising Freshmen Nike Blue Chip Lacrosse Camp.
New Top of the Line Facility
• This year the Florida camps will be moving to Northeast Regional Park, a brand new facility boasting 6 lighted turf fields. The fields are just a ten minute drive from Disney and many other attractions.
For more information about Jake Reed’s Nike Blue Chip Lacrosse Camp, click here.